[humanser] ADA Hyppa regulations and reader services

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 22:28:06 UTC 2016

Miranda,

I use Openbook but yes its expensive. I did not pay for mine, my dept for
the blind did.
Instead of upgrading openbook, I've considered abby fineReader or an
alternative because alternatives are less expensive.

Can Abby FineReader convert image pdfs? That's been an issue for me and
something I use openbook for.
Can this scanning program do batch scans, recognize columns as it scans,
recognize upside down pages or sideways pages, and recognize print on
colored backgrounds?
A benefit of Openbook and kurzweil is it will recognize text even if its in
an odd position such as sideways.
Openbook also does batch scans meaning it will scan pages and do the
recognition later. Also, what document formats is Abby FineReader using? I
hope word files.

Thanks.

Ashley