[humanser] about minority stress

Ericka Short dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 02:47:51 UTC 2016

I am thinking a about the same thing.  There are more and more folks I meet who are VI or totally blind who have fallen into addictions or mental health issues  than I want to think.  Some are very dear to me.  I am not doing any. True research Lisa but it seems to either be how the parents and other family. Treat the. Person with blindness and possibly other handicaps that plays a role. As with all of us, part of who we are is our environment and some is just who are are inside.  Some of us can fight incredible odds to become successful without the. Help of anyone and then there are most of us who need nudging to succeed.  It isn't just opportunities to become a success. Not all humans are born with the. Insight some see to . I am sure a lot of. Factors like culture not just society. Affect mental health for us.  Mental health issues are tough to handle without any other accompanying issues. I learned that  by marrying a person with OCD and social anxiety.

I pray the NFB keeps looking more into the issues you bring up.  I wonder what other forum can help us with this research?  I was happy to read there is now a. Group for. Persons with blindness and cp.  We are moving on the right path.

Ericka

Sent from my iPad