[humanser] Advanced generalist versus concentration-specific MSW

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 05:35:32 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
While I have a couple years before I begin graduate school, I am thinking and planning ahead. As I look at Masters of social work programs, I am seeking feedback regarding the benefits between advanced generalist and concentration specific degrees. My long-term career goal is to welcome internationals to the United States, and I would like to pursue my education to this end. So, if I were to consider a concentration, it would probably be in international social work, immigrants and refugees, trauma and human rights, etc.
However, I also recognize that the advanced generalist degrees provide a broad array of courses in various subjects.
Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Thanks as always for your time and assistance, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda