[humanser] Stigma associated with mental illness

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 19 12:38:16 UTC 2017

How do we correct the stigma of blindness?  The same is true for mental illness.  The national advocacy organization for mental illness is NAMI.  But, we can all do our parts by watching our own language and behaviors.  Words like Bipolar, Borderline and Schio, like words like crazy and insane are often mis-used.  Moving police and fire fighters into a better understanding of mental illness is essential and they are anxious for education on the subject.  Often local CMHCs will provide this for their staffs.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10