[humanser] Blind counselors and body language

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 20:31:34 UTC 2017

True, the asked for method I've never done, but I've heard of people doing.
You can use the inflection of the vlice, location of where the sound is
coming from, and the distancing to tell what's going on.  For example, I had
a client who was leaning away with his arms folded.  I asked him why his
arms were folded, and he loosened up.  You develop a rapport.  I think I
detected his arms crossing and the rest of his posture through a combination
of hearing and feeling.  Kind of like the sound and the presentce of the
person replace seeing them.
Justin