[humanser] General VS. Advanced standing MSW

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:37:40 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
After much deliberation, research and many conversations,  I have decided to change my major in pursuit of a bachelors of social work degree. Yes, this will extend my graduation by two or so years, but in the long run it will be well worth it. My long-term goal is to get my MSW, and this was a large part of my decision. I am meeting with my vocational counselor to discuss this on Monday, and my state Department for the blind is a major source of funding for my education. Therefore, I am wondering if someone might be able to help me locate data that shows the benefits of pursuing an MSW in advanced standing after receiving a BSW versus receiving a non-social work bachelors degree and pursuing the generalized MSW. I already know this data Will be based on the premise that the generalized MSW includes the foundational courses and therefore is more credits, but I'm looking for more substantial data than this. Is any such data available, and if so where might I find it?
Thanks in advance for your time and assistance, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda