[humanser] Question about Word for long forms

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 23:13:12 UTC 2017

Hi Cheryl,
It seems like you've already received some good suggestions for the
questions you were asking. I just wanted to make one other suggestion
for navigating to a particular section in a document.  Sometimes, I
search specifically for text, as in Control+F and then entering a word
or phrase the I know will take me to that part of the document.
Sometimes, I have actually written in the word "bookmark" in a file so
I can later return to the file and search and find that word
"bookmark." I know this isn't as advanced as doing headings, but it is
another option.
Also, I too sometimes have issues where JAWS seems to be running slow
and it takes a while for my keyboard entries to be read back to me.
This is so frustrating. I don't really have a good answer except to
occasionally just restart your computer to refresh the system, or even
to quit and restart JAWS, or to close some tabs if you have multiple
tabs open on your computer. I usually try these things (in reverse
order) to try to speed things up a bit.
Good luck!

Best wishes,

Sarah

--
Sarah K. Meyer
Graduate Student, Clinical Mental Health Counseling/Social Psychology
sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
(317)402-6632

characteristic that defines you or your future. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back. Together with love,
hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.