[humanser] Question about the Social Work Master's Licensing Exam

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Fri Oct 13 13:24:58 UTC 2017

Dear Lia,

I am disturbed to hear that you had to fight for your accommodations to take
your exam. Last June I saw the CEO of ASWB and she stated while introducing
me to a co-facilitator of the course to be a supervisor, "Merry has helped
us be in compliance with the ADA"; well this appears to not be the case as
per your email. I am copying this reply to Valerie Yingling at our national
office who has been working closely with this type of issue.

If you have any challenges while taking the exam please contact us. I know
this is not the time to have challenges or struggles so if there is any help
or guidance you feel you need beforehand please let us know. I took my exam
using JAWS; however, I had to have someone put my answers in another
computer while I was able to read the questions and answers choices on one
computer using JAWS.  Hopefully, this has changed and you will be able to
take the exam 100% independently.

With warm regards,
Merry C. Schoch, LCSW
Human Services Division, Treasurer