[humanser] Question regarding credentialing and billing in private practice

Beth Gustin, LPC bethglpc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 03:12:57 UTC 2017

Hello fellow listers

I am thinking about how best I can start a part-time private practice which would then hopefully become full-time private practice. My two biggest concerns are credentialing on insurance panels and the billing. I know one person on here mentioned a possible billing service. Although I forget the name of that one. It was in Colorado, and I live in Colorado.
Can anyone shed some advice on how to best become credentialed on the insurance panels and accessible ways to Bill?
I am currently credentialed on all of the panels through the agency where I work.

I also know some individuals in private practice who only do private pay and then give a receipt to the clients which the client then take it to the insurance company, thus avoiding all the billing. Has anyone had experience with this method?

Thank you,

Beth