[humanser] Monitoring behaviors in young children

Tamika Williams twilliams.jaguars at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 21:02:03 UTC 2018

Kattie:

As for kids being non-verbal, just be sure you are staying consistent
with them being verbal with you. Each time you ask a question, and
they nod their head, I would say "talk to me" or "I can't hear what
you are saying" until they give you their verbal responses  themselves
every time. Therefore they are getting use to being verbal with you.

Also, in the case of them putting the instruments in their mouth, I
would assign a couple of classroom monitors as teachers do in public
schools. If you don't want them to look like tattlers, then find a
couple of other things that you need little helpers for and assign
those tasks to the other students so all of them will be helpers in
one way or another.

HTHA,

Tamika