[humanser] Legislative and advocacy committee call reminder

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Fri Jan 19 13:39:52 UTC 2018

Good morning Fellow Federationists,

I wanted to send out a friendly reminder about the Legislative and
advocacy call this Sunday at 8pm Eastern. Please see my message below
for further details.
 My name is Jonathan franks and I am the Chairperson for the
Legislative and Advocacy committee of the Human Services Division of
the National Federation of the Blind. As we gear up for Washington
Seminar, it is important that we prepare ourselves to be as efficient
and effective
as possible as we advocate for the issues the National Federation of
the Blind has set forth for us to take to Capitol hill. Even if you
are unable to
attend Washington Seminar, there are ways that you can help in the
legislative movement of the NFB. I am pleased to announce that Kimie
Beverly from the
National Federation of the Blind Governmental Affairs team will be
joining our call to elaborate on the 4 issues. Next Sunday, January
21st at 8pm Eastern
we will be holding a call discussing the 4 issues and answer any
questions that may come up. The call-in information is as follows:
Call: 513-386-0000
Access Code:
554254
 If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at
 jfranks at nfbtx.org

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
1st Vice President
National Federation of the Blind Human Services Division
Graduate Student
MSW Program
Texas State University

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.