[humanser] Taking case notes

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 22:36:38 UTC 2018

Hello,
	I am sure that the answers are going to vary per individual.  I would continue to use the methods that you currently use for documentation.  The methods that you utilize to take class notes are fairly the same for taking notes in therapy.
	I am not proficient in typing.  I also find that I tend to become worked up on technical difficulties that can distract me from details in session.  I tape my sessions and then work up my notes later.  I do not do a verbatim, but it does help me to catch appointment dates and names that were mentioned in the session.  I always get permission in my informed consent prior to working with the client.  I find that this works to help me remained focused on the client and their story rather than the technical difficulties that may arise from the equipment.
	You have come very far in your schooling.  What has been working for you in classes and research will help you in your internship.  You are going to do great!

Warmly,

Rev. Michael “Big Dog” Abell
MSPC

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.

The Family Ministry Counseling and Psychotherapy Services
700 E Jefferson St. Suite 250
Phoenix, Arizona  85034
(602) 253-4084 ext 1

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any distribution, reading, copying or use of this communication and any attachments by anyone other than the addressee, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (
bigdog4744 at gmail.com) or telephone (602-253-4084), and permanently destroy or delete the original and any copies or printouts of this e-mail and any attachments.