[humanser] Accessibility of National Counselor Exam, National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam, and Study Materials

Elif Emir Öksüz filerime at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:58:44 UTC 2019

Hi Sarah,
I  took the NCE in 2016 on computer with jaws.
They were not very willing to provide a computer accessible exam. They
offered reader option. I insisted on, and NFB did intervene. So I took
the NCE on a computer with Jaws. The exam was provided as a word doc.
It was accessible but little bit tricky. The pages had two colloms and
indicating the chosen answer option was ordered to be done through
bolding the choice.
Track changes was on when the document was provided, so I kept as it was.
NBCC contacted to my university and the exam was administrated
at the university test center, where normaly people take GRI TOFEL or etc.

I only used Rosenthole CDs. Our university library had them. I
borrowed from there.
Good luck with your exam.