[humanser] In-home/community-based work with clients as a dog guide handler

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:05:27 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,
As I apply for employment positions, I am finding myself with possibilities that involve working with clients in their homes and/or in community-based settings. For those of you who are dog guide handlers, how do you handle situations where the client may not be comfortable with a dog in their home or where other pets such as other dogs are present? While this might be suited to the NAGDU membership, I felt it appropriate to post here considering the professional nature specific to this list.
Any insight on this matter would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time and assistance, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda