[humanser] Questions about Use of Aira in Counseling Work, Disclosures about Blindness, Readers, etc.

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 23:28:50 UTC 2019

While I cannot personally speak to the first two questions you pose, I would like to share my experience with your final question. I do not generally bring up my blindness in my internship, unless I am asked questions by clients. My blindness to is obvious, as I have a dog guide and use assistive technology. However, I believe that a conversation about my blindness could in itself be distracting, and my clients in my internships have not seemed to be concerned with my blindness. I have met with clients in group settings, and I will be meeting with clients on an individual basis more this semester. Just for a bit of background, I am in the final semester of my bachelors of science in social work.
I hope that the sharing of my experience is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone