[humanser] (no subject)

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 15:02:15 UTC 2019

Hi Miranda,

I apologize for the abysmal delay in response! I've been having
troubles with my email so I am truly sorry. Yikes!

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your experience and insight, as
well. I certainly did not take your earlier messages as indicating
that you would not discuss your blindness with clients. I think the
way in which you have created safe and welcoming spaces for clients
and co-workers to approach you with questions is beautiful, and I can
relate to having had to gently remind adults that it is okay for
children to ask questions as well. Way to go with being proactive and
modeling diversity and inclusion!!
I am wishing you the very best as you are approaching your graduation
soon as well! I saw your recent post inquiring about transition
questions into direct support staff employment. I wish I had advice to
offer from experience, but I have not worked in those types of
positions; however, I can empathize with the emotions and uncertainty
of transitioning into life after graduation, and I am sure that there
will be others on this list who can provide more practical advice as
well. Wishing you the best! Don't underestimate the skills and
knowledge you already possess; they will be transferrable to a variety
of settings and you will be able to draw on them wherever you go.

Best wishes,

Sarah