[HumanSer] Providing Supervision to Individuals with Disabilities

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 14:34:23 UTC 2019

Hello,

               I know that all of us have been supervised at one time or
another.  We all need to seek supervision for licensure or client work.  I
would like to get some feedback on the experiences of those of you that have
provided supervision to individuals that experience disabilities.  What
would you recommend in the way of methods, philosophies, and  strategies
utilized in supervision?  Do you have suggestions for supervisors that offer
supervision regarding supervising this population?

               If you have a particular supervisor storyyou would like to
share, please do so.  Was there a particular method that you experienced as
a supervisee that assisted you in your development?  Thanks!

Warmly,

Rev. Michael "Big Dog" Abell

MS, LAC

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.

The Family Ministry Counseling and Psychotherapy Services

700 E Jefferson St. Suite 250

Phoenix, Arizona  85034

(602) 283-5053

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended
only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged or confidential
information. Any distribution, reading, copying or use of this communication
and any attachments by anyone other than the addressee, is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me by e-mail (

bigdog4744 at gmail.com) or telephone (602-253-4084), and permanently destroy
or delete the original and any copies or printouts of this e-mail and any
attachments.