[HumanSer] LMSW exam

43210 at Bellsouth.net 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 28 00:25:53 UTC 2021

Good Evening, Shikha:

Yes, there are several of us blind licensed clinical social workers out
here who have passed their exams.  I know someone who recently passed.  I
took it in the early 1990s with a reader, but I have supervised other blind
social workers who have passed their exams here in Florida.  Our state does
not allow using your own laptop, a real advantage.  If I were to take it
again, I'd favor doing the exam in braille, just so I knew I was reading
the questions correctly.

A big set-back I have found interns doing when taking the exam is to speed
through it and, then review their answers.  A recent exam taker went back
and changed about 40 answers and, by doing so, failed.  Research tells us
that our initial answer is best.  A very common issue is our own nerves, so
treat yourself as if you are your own client and follow your own advice.

My bet is that you will do very well passing that hurdle smoothly.

JD Townsend, LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see
-----Original Message-----
From: HumanSer <humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Shikha via
HumanSer
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:44 PM
To: humanser at nfbnet.org
Cc: Shikha <desai1shikha at gmail.com>
Subject: [HumanSer] LMSW exam

Good afternoon,
I just got my accommodations approved. One year past so I had to re-submit
my application to the board. This time I got laptop with JAWS screen reader
instead of getting a reader. Has anyone passed the exam. And also has
anyone used a reader or used a computer with JAWS. I wanted a reader so not
sure if the accommodations can be adjusted. .

Shikha Desai
Master in Social Work Specialize Community Partnership 19