[HumanSer] A quick ASWB LMSW exam prep question

nimisha rana nimisharana11 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 01:44:17 UTC 2021

Hello Miranda

You are allowed to give the exam in your last semester, at least
that’s what I know, and a lot of my friends did in NJ. Anyway, it’ll
give you some time to study.
Regarding accommodations, I had to go through a process, which included:
First, sending documents signed by my eye doctor to the Disability
office with ASWB, to get the approval.
Second, once approved, applying to the state board for the exam.
Third, once you receive approval letter from your state board, pay the
fees for the exam.
Fourth, once paid, reaching out to Pearson and scheduling the date for the exam.
Accommodation: I have been granted the accommodation of using the
computer with a screen reader at the testing site, extra time for the
exam, a scribe, and a locker.
A small white board and marker is given to all. I don’t know about
your eye condition, but if you have some useable vision and could make
use of the white board, it’ll help. Especially, to jot down the
question number that you’d like to go back and review, so you don’t
waste time going through each and every question.
I didn’t take the practice test, so I don’t know whether it is
accessible or not, but the real exam is accessible. I used JAWS for my
exam. My suggestion for you is to read the tutorial first then start
the exam, especially because we are used to our own laptops and using
another one out of nowhere is a bit adjustment.
I don’t want to scare you and every exam is different, but be prepared
for the questions on scenarios.
Hope this helps. Have a good weekend.
Best,
Nimisha Rana, MSW, LSW