[Iabs-talk] 4/28 agenda

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Wed Apr 28 00:44:26 UTC 2010

NFBI Board Meeting Agenda

April 28th, 2010

Conference Call.

We will have an April 28th, NFBI board meeting.  We will start at 7:00. Call
into 218 936 1200 and use code 6324.   On the agenda are:

Imagination Fund LeAnne M. and Parnell Diggs

Secretary's report minutes

Need to officially approve our 2/17/10 minutes.   E-mailed on 4/24

3/21/10 minutes will also be up for approval.  E-mailed on 4/24.

Treasurer's  1st quarter official report

Illinois Instructional Materials Center. - Bill

Report on DHS portion of the state budget.   What percentage rate of funding
was cut from the Illinois Instructional Materials Center.

Presidential Report

Report on conversations with Ray Campbell about BSPC

ISVI proposal for academy in Chicago - Sent e-mails voicing NFBI's
opposition to the plan as presently constituted.

BSPC appointments -  Bill Reif

Charlene, Dave, and Larry Whewell

Development - Cathy

        Update on who has given names

Washington Seminar Report

Sales Comm Report

Webpage - Patti  -- Bill L.

        We are scoping the page now.

Bill is developing a framework which Faheem will fill in.        After we
beta test, we will migrate the whole thing.

Parents seminar - Debbie Stein

Freedom Link Component: Kelly Doty

Freedom Link budget - Kelly

Scholarships

Advocacy committee report - Annette

State legislation committee report Bill

Update on last meeting.  Update on Braille and Custody bills.

Sales Committee - Mary Lou G.

        Meeting is scheduled for 5/6 at 7:00.

Transportation - web access issues Denise and Steve H.

National Convention -  Patti

        Who can work Independence Market.

        I have Kelly, Dave, Cathy Randall and I.

State Convention  - Denise and Patti

Agenda planning -

LAW participants

Junior High Leadership participants

Pam Redding

Reading on the go segment

Social Security Info

Able Group - panel

Friday afternoon - social networking

Saturday morning - parents breakfast

Saturday afternoon - significant others

Sunday morning - Student breakfast

PAC standings

New Business:

UIC Tech Expo - Bill and Mary Lou

Let me know if you have additional agenda items.

To sponsor me in the race for independence which raises funds for the
Imagination Fund affiliated with the NFB Jernigan Institute, you can go to
www.raceforindependence.org.  Help us build innovative programs and products
to gain true independence.    For more information on NFB, the Jernigan
Institute and the Imagination Fund, go to www.nfb.org.

P.S.  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is now on twitter at
www.twitter.com/nfbi.
We also have a facebook page.  Just search for our full name.

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org