[Iabs-talk] Fwd: [il-talk] IL Co-Sponsors on HR 3086

Patti Gregory Chang Esq. pattichang at att.net
Sun Jun 3 17:17:52 UTC 2012

By way of an update, IL has five cosponsors of our Fair Wages for worker's with Disabilities.  Please call to thank these five members of congress.  Also, we need to schedule meetings in the district with other members to encourage them to cosponsor.  We have specific information on some congresspeople which is also included in this summation.
These five are cosponsors:

Gutierrez
Jackson Jr.
Manzullo

Quigley
Rush
We have also been working on this from our national office.
Here is other additional information:

here is some more detailed info on the meetings we just had. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Representative Danny Davis; we met with Jill Hunter Williams recently.  . This was a positive meeting where we had a good open discussion. She has heard concerns from workshops against the bill, that being said she was very much interested in meeting with us and open to hearing what we had to say. She wants to look into this further. Hearing from constituents in support of the bill will definitely be helpful.
Representative Judy Biggert; the new person we met with is Griffin Foster, and I think we had a good initial discussion with him on Tuesday. I think we are more likely to be successful than with Brian, but we need to follow up effectively. In that meeting we specifically talked about having people from Illinois and the Congresswoman's district call and send emails in support of the bill. The more of that we can get the better chance we will have at success, and having the Congresswoman cosponsor would be a major step for us.
Representative Jerry Costello: We met with Stu Megaw on 5/18. This meeting was a generic neutral one, so we should follow up as much as possible so that they take it more seriously and come to a decision.
Representative Aaron Schock: we met with Margie Almanza on 5/15. This was a fairly neutral meeting; she's mainly interested in the business perspective on the bill so we need to work on this one.
Representative Bobby Schilling: we met with Brian Smith on 5/15 and this was another pretty generic meeting.