[Iabs-talk] NVDA thing

Nowicki, Michal Jerzy nowicki4 at uic.edu
Mon Dec 2 16:55:48 UTC 2013

Hi Robert,

For a free screen reader, NVDA is an awesome solution.  In fact, it may
even work better than some of the paid ones like, for instance, System
Access.  Although I personally don't use it much because I have access to
the latest version of JAWS, one of my close Polish friends, who is totally
blind and is enrolled in a residential school for the visually impaired in
Poland, uses NVDA as his primary screen reader because it works very well
with Word and Excel, as well as with Internet Explorer and Firefox.  So,
if you intend to use this software with word processors, Internet, e-mail
clients, and even instant messaging applications, you should have no
problems.  However, JAWS and Window Eyes are probably still the best
options for more advanced tasks.  I hope this helps.

Michal