[Iabs-talk] chicago chapter activities

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 5 20:50:21 UTC 2015

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter has
activities scheduled in November and December which should provide much fun
for participants, as well as raising funds for the chapter.

On Saturday, November 14, the Chicago Chapter will hold its annual
read-a-thon at the Exchequer Pub and Restaurant, 226 South Wabash, Chicago
from 1:00-4:00 P.M. If you wish to be a reader for this event, the cost will
be $10. If, however, you are able to raise more than $10 from friends,
neighbors, ETC, your $10 fee will be waved. Anyone, blind or sighted may
participate either as a donor or as a fundraiser. Any type of reading is
acceptible, be it print, braille or audio book. Finally, the read-a-thon
will take the place of a chapter meeting in November.

As always, our December meeting should be full of fun and surprises. Please
note that the start time for this meeting will be 12:00 noon, rather than
the customary 1:00 P.M. As always, the meeting will take place at the
Exchequer Pub and Restaurant. Following the meeting, we will have our annual
Christmas auction. As always, this promises to be a funfilled activity. If
you plan to donate items to sell for this event, be sure that they are in
good working condition. What might one donate for this event? In the past,
donations have run the gammet, from jewelry to homemade banana bread, from
police scanners to 10 pound chocolate bars. Simply put, if an item can be
enjoyed, it is worth donating. The date for this event is Saturday, December
12.

If you have any questions concerning either activity, please contact Chapter
President, Debbie Stein at 773-203-1394. Hope to see everyone at these
events.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine