[Iabs-talk] Theme For IABS Idol

Denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 20:39:56 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
IABS Idol will be back again this year. For those of you who do not know, this is a student fundraiser, modeled on American Idol. So, get ready to display your talent, have some fun, and support  our student division.
Last year, the Chicago chapter won IABS Idol. This means that the chapter has the honor of picking this year’s theme. The Chicago chapter has chosen sports as the theme, and has chosen, “Take Me Out To the Ballgame”
We hope all of you who plan on attending state convention will participate in IABS Idol, which takes place on Friday night, October 28, at 7 pm. The cover charge is $5, which entitles you to your first entry.  After that, it will cost $5 per entry. You do not have to choose a sports related song. Whatever you wish to do, whether its singing or short story telling  or reciting a poem,  you can do. If you need music pulled to aid you in your song, Byron Lee will be there to pull up the music. Just e-mail adrienne Falconer, afalc2 at gmail.com <mailto:afalc2 at gmail.com> in advance with your song, so Byron has an opportunity to pull the music.

We ask all chapters to choose a song, and participate as a chapter. The state affiliate will choose its sports related song at our next board meeting, which is September 26, 2016 at 7 pm.
Thanks.

Denise R. Avant
President, National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois
Live the life you want