[Iabs-talk] Face-to-Face Board Meeting Agenda - August 26, 2017

denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:48:22 UTC 2017

Face-to-Face Board Meeting Agenda

Date: August 26, 2017

Hotel: Chicago Naperville Marriott

Or

Conference Call (641)-715-3273 Code 6324

I.                Roll Call

II.               Approval of Secretary's Minutes - Glenn Moore sent August
12, 2017

III.             2d Quarter Treasury Report - Patti Chang

IV.            National Convention

A.	Approval of Reports

National Board Meeting - Patti Chang sent August 16, 2017

Liaison Report Patti Chang sent August 16, 2017

Chapter Presidents Meeting - Steve Hastalis - sent July 24, 2017

Federal and State Legislation - Steve Hastalis sent July 25, 2017

Autonomous Vehicles - Steve Hastalis sent July 25, 2017

RESOLUTIONS - Denise Avant

President and Treasurers Meeting - Denise Avant

NABS - Emma Meyer

Vendors Mary Grunwald

White Cane Cathy Randall

Grants and Development Cathy Randall

Cash and Caring  - David Meyer

Guide Dogs - Leslie Hamric and David Meyer

Membership - Brian Sumner

Communications Report - Debbie Stein

Public Relations Committee Report - Glenn Moore

B.	The Bolotin Award

Where Do we want  to Keep the Bolotin Award

How Can we display it at State Convention

C.	- Educator of Blind Students
D.	National Scholarship Winners

V.              State Reports and Programs

A.	Reports

Chicago and Springfield BELL Patti Chang

Freedom Link - Debbie Stein

State Scholarship Finalists - Debbie Stein

Internship Program - Debbie Stein

Great Lakes BRAL - Debbie Stein or Robert Gardner

Student Seminar Emma Meyer

Federal Legislation and Washington Seminar Patti Chang and Robert Gardner

State Legislation - David Meyer

B.	Do We want to continue with existing State programs for 2018?
C.	Website  Updates and changes - Patti Chang and Brian Mackey
D.	 One Touch Exhibitors - Debbie Stein
E.	October Fest - September 9, 2017 - Patti Chang

VI.            State  Fund raising Reports and Ideas

A.	Bequest Donald V. St John - Patti Chang and Denise Avant
B.	Grants and Development - Cathy Randall
C.	Contingent Beneficiaries  - Patti Chang
D.	Remember NFBI and NFB in your Will - Cathy Randall
E.	Other Fund raising ideas

VII.           Chapters and Divisions Reports

A.	Bloomington chapter! Denise Avant

CHICAGO Chapter Report - Steve Hastalis

Ferris Wheel Report - Bill Reif

Blackhawk Chapter Report Leah Slightom

At Large chapter Linda Hendle

Four Rivers Chapter Report - Brian Sumner

vendors - Edward Birmingham

Student Division - Emma Meyer

B.	ALL Chapters - Meet The Blind Month - "Do You Dream In Color?"

VIII.          State Convention

A.	Hotel Chicago Naperville Marriott Oct. 27-29
B.	National Representative President Mark A. Riccobono
C.	Guests and Invitees at Convention - Denise Avant
D.	Convention Theme - Stepping Out  With Authority
E.	Dates To Keep in Mind

Chappell Dennis due September 1, 2017

Hotel Registration Due October 6, 2017

Convention Registration due October 13, 2017

Meal preferences due October 13, 2017

F.	Awards - renaming
G.	Convention Logistics - Patti Chang
H.	Audio and Sound - Marco Giannotti
I.	Equipment delivery  - Francisco Chang
J.	Door Prize Mary Grunwald
K.	Kid Camp
L.	Recognition of Annette Grove

IX.             Old Business