[Iabs-talk] Kenneth Jernigan Fund tickets

denise avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 23:48:31 UTC 2017

Hello Fellow Federationists,

I received the Kenneth Jernigan raffle fund tickets today. Funds from the
sale of these tickets support financial assistance to first time attendees
to our national convention. The tickets are $10 each, and I will bring them
to the Chicago chapter meetings, and have them available at national
convention until the time of our caucus. The 2017 NFB convention dates are
July 10-15, 2017.

Here is what you need to know about the tickets

If you are the winner of this drawing, you will receive round-trip air
transportation for two to and from Orlando, Florida, for the National
Federation of the Blind National Convention in July 2018. You will also
receive lodging at that year's convention hotel for seven days during the
convention. You will receive registration and banquet tickets for two. In
addition, you will receive a cash prize of $1,000. On the other hand, if you
don't win but you sell the winning ticket, your chapter will receive $500.
You do not have to be present to win.

We have had winners from Illinois of this raffle in the past.

As for the 2017 convention, you may apply for assistance to national
convention by filling out our Chappell Dennis form, which may be found on
our website at www.nfbofillinois.org <http://www.nfbofillinois.org> . This
form is due to me by May 1, 2017. My e-mail address is davant1958 at gmail.com
<mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> .

If you are attempting to attend your first convention, you may also apply
through the above Kenneth Jernigan convention scholarship. Please see the
January issue of the Braille Monitor on how to apply. Your letter is due to
me by April 1, 2017. Thanks.

Denise R. Avant, President

National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois

Live the life you want.