[Iabs-talk] FW: ICBV Office Update July 30, 2018

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:49:04 UTC 2018

Denise R. Avant, President

(773)-991-8050

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

go to www.nfbofillinois.org.

From: Kathy Ungaro <icbv at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 7:35 PM
To: Kathy Ungaro <icbv at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: ICBV Office Update July 30, 2018

ICBV Office Update

July 30, 2018

*1) Calendar of Events

*2) Rest Area Commercialization Update - NATSO

*3) Rest Area Commercialization - Catriona Macdonald

*4) Looking for Assistance Recruiting for a Research Study on Adjustment to Vision Loss

*5) Freedom Scientific partners with Computers for the Blind

*6) Eyes On Success

*7) Game-Changing Technology: A Review of the Horizon Smart Glasses from Aira

*8) Free Typing Tutorial

*9) 10 Ways to Find & Close Successful Accounts

*10) FDA Proposes Revision To Front-Of-Pack Calorie Labeling Rules For Vending Machines, Extends Compliance Date

*11) How To Use Frozen Food To Increase Sales And Profits

*12) Legislation to Prohibit Beverage Taxes Signed by California Governor

**1 Calendar of Events

August 10, 2018 4:00 pm

IABM Summer Party

We would once again like to invite everyone to the IABM sponsored summer party.  This year’s event will be held on Friday August 10th at the Vintage Lounge in their outdoor beer garden, located at 1449 W Taylor St. in Chicago.  The time of the party is from 4-6:30 pm.  The cost is $55.00 per person which includes food buffet and open bar.  Please notify the IABM office at 312-663-0288 if you are planning to attend.  Make checks payable to IABM and mail to IABM, 53 W Jackson Blvd., Suite 502, Chicago, IL  60604.  Reservations and checks must be to the IABM office no later than August 6, 2018.  We hope as many of you can attend as possible.

November 13-16, 2018

BLAST Conference in San Antonio, Texas

BLAST IS GOING FISHING!

The National Association of Blind Merchants is excited to announce that it will be bringing the world renowned FISH Philosophy to BLAST November 13-16 at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country in San Antonio. The FISH! Philosophy is the language of invigorated leadership. Take a virtual visit to Seattle's Pike Place Fish and explore the four practices that have made Pike Place Fish a destination place for people all over the world. Learn how you can apply the practices of Play! Make Their Day! Be There! and Choose Your Attitude! to your business. Attendees will open to the unlimited potential that exists within, and discover the synergies among personal and professional accountabilities. Learn how to be nimble in a crisis, lighthearted in the midst of serious business, and “in the moment” in rapidly-changing environments. Unleash the power of fresh ideas and active collaboration through this “laugh and learn” model.

International speaker and inspirational author Deena Ebbert, best known as Propeller Girl, will capture your heart, mind, and imagination with her hilarity and candor. She will put a new spin on how to create a winning workplace.

Don’t miss out. You can still get the Super Early Bird rate if you register now. Go to https://blindmerchants.org/blast-2018-information/ and register today.

**2 Shared by John Gordon, Bureau Chief BBS and Nicky Gacos, President NABM

Rest Area Commercialization Update

Looks like some good news out of DC, we still need to keep the pressure on.

Thanks Nicholas Gacos

President National Association Blind Merchants