[Iabs-talk] From NFB President Riccobono

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 13:53:24 UTC 2018

For those of you who may not have seen it, please see below.

Marrakesh Treaty Update:
After almost a decade of negotiations, drafting, and advocacy, the Marrakesh
Treaty is closer than ever before to becoming a reality in the United
States. On Tuesday September 25, 2018, at 7:19 p.m. EST, the US House of
Representatives unanimously passed the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act
(S. 2559). The bill will now go to the president for his signature. This is
a major victory for the members of the National Federation of the Blind;
because of our hard work, soon blind people all across the globe will enjoy
a vast collection of accessible materials. Special thanks to Scott LaBarre
who has been serving as the principal negotiator on the Federation's behalf
for all of these years. Read our press release about this tremendous
development at
<https://nfb.org/us-house-representatives-passes-marrakesh-treaty-implementa
tion-act>
https://nfb.org/us-house-representatives-passes-marrakesh-treaty-implementat