[Iabs-talk] 2019 NFBI Convention Theme Ideas Needed

Ayoub Zurikat ayoub.zurikat.nfb at gmail.com
Wed May 8 15:00:15 UTC 2019

Hey guys. I've always had this topic on my mind. It's almost an attempt to correct a cultural narrative. For the most part, people who do not struggle with clear or declared disabilities seem to think that those who do have clear disabilities always need help. The disabled population is always portrayed as that population that needs accommodations, assistance, help etc. I would love to counter that narrative. I think that people who struggle with clear or declared disabilities have a lot to offer. We are professional, efficient, successful, leaders, creators etc. The challenge is that sometimes those who struggle with disabilities seem to accept The cultural narrative. So I'm wondering if, On The Cutting Edge of Leadership, would be a good theme for the convention

Sent from my iPhone