[IABS-Talk] FW: [IL-Talk] reminder: Announcing the 2020-21 Chicago LighthouseScholarship application is live!

Michal Nowicki mnowicki4 at iCloud.com
Tue Mar 3 04:25:53 UTC 2020

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Maureen Reid via IL-Talk
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 10:17 AM
Cc: Maureen Reid
Subject: [IL-Talk] reminder: Announcing the 2020-21 Chicago LighthouseScholarship application is live!

The Chicago Lighthouse is pleased to announce that our annual Scholarship Program has posted the application for our 2020-21 academic year.
Click here<https://chicagolighthouse.org/program/lighthouse-scholarship/> to go to the Chicago Lighthouse Scholarship page to find the application.

Our deadline for this year is April 1, 2020 by 9 a.m. Our Scholarship Program is open to post-secondary students who are vision impaired, or multi-disabled (vision impaired with an additional diagnosis), as well as employees with a vision impairment, disability, or a Veteran. Students may apply for up to four (4) years consecutively, then must wait at least one year before reapplying.

This scholarship may support students seeking an accredited certification, Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral degree, and either live in Illinois attending school in or out of state, or attend school in Illinois as an out of state resident. As part of receiving a Chicago Lighthouse Scholarship, you will be expected to attend our annual Scholarship celebration on July 11, 2020.

In the application, we ask you to provide us with the following:

1.       A completed on-line application

2.       Two (2) essays: a personal essay, and a financial statement of need that are uploaded at the end of the on-line application

3.       An official copy of your most recent completed transcripts sent to the Scholarship Coordinator from the school, they cannot come from the student directly

4.       Two (2) letters of recommendation

5.       A completed Chicago Lighthouse eye report form

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me and I will be happy to assist you.

Warmly,

Maureen Reid
Job Placement Counselor | Scholarship Coordinator  | Employment Services
Phone: 312.997.3655
Fax: 312.445.3640
www.chicagolighthouse.org<http://www.chicagolighthouse.org/>
[Description: FB icon]<https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoLighthouse/timeline/?ref=ts>  [Description: Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/ChiLighthouse>   [Description: youtube icon] <https://www.youtube.com/user/chicagolighthouse>     [Description: Instagram icon] <https://instagram.com/chicagolighthouse/>     [Description: Linkedin icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-chicago-lighthouse-for-people-who-are-blind-or-visually-impaired?trk=company_logo>