[IABS-Talk] at large minutes may 2021

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Thu Sep 30 15:29:47 UTC 2021

At Large Chapter
Minutes of meeting held May 2021

Present: President Dave Meyer, Vice President Leslie Hamric, Secretary
Bill Reif, Patti Chang, Marilyn Green, Linda Hendle, Danny Mandrell,
and Debby Pittman.

The minutes for the April 2021 meeting were read and approved.

The main program item was a thorough review of the National Federation
of the Blinds Code of Conduct, presented by Patti Chang and reviewed in
sections through the Zoom Screen sharing option. This code has been
adopted to create a safer and more welcoming culture within the
Federation given incidents of racially or sexually inappropriate
behavior in the past. The code, in addition to setting forth
expectations, creates mechanisms by which complaints can be addressed.
The Code of Conduct and the work of the Survivors Task Force are
separate initiatives. The Code is available online at
https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct. The code
is now considered binding on all members and on all who participate in
Federation events.

Marilyn presented the State Presidents Report, much of which concerned
details of the upcoming NFB Virtual Convention. It was mentioned the
Chapter should consider contributing to the White Cane, Jernigan,
Tenbroek or Sun Funds, a vote on which would happen at our June meeting.

Our next meeting was set to take place on Sunday June fifth at 7:00 PM.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Reif, Secretary