[IABS-Talk] Chicago Chapter April Hybrid Meeting Announcement with Agenda

denise avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:33:21 UTC 2022

Good Morning Everyone,

The next Chicago chapter hybrid meeting will be on Saturday, April 9 at 1
PM. The key agenda item is the election of officers for the upcoming year.
You must have paid your dues and be present to vote.

The in-person meeting will take place at Exchequer Restaurant & Pub, 226 S.
Wabash Ave in Chicago. The Zoom link is at the end of this email. The agenda
follows the Zoom information.

***Also, on May 14, following our Chicago Chapter meeting at Exchequer Pub
and Restaurant, we will have our first of what we hope to be many annual
talent nights.

To take part in the May event:

1.           Come to the chapter meeting and plan to stay afterward.

2. Pay $25 to the Chicago Chapter. This covers pizza, salad and soda.
Additionally, you will be entitled to do one exhibition of your talent. Each
additional performance will cost $5.

3. Come up with an act and go for it!

You may give your money to the chapter treasurer, or you may pay via Zell.

If paying by Zell, send your payment to treasurer at nfb.org
<mailto:treasurer at nfb.org> .

***The Zoom information for the April 9 Meeting is

National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is inviting you to a scheduled
Zoom meeting.

Topic: Chicago Chapter Hybrid Meeting

Time: Apr 9, 2022 01:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/3123438396?pwd=ZFVJeW8zZDNrV0p0RmpWME83Zm85UT09

One tap mobile

+13126266799,,3123438396#,,,,*6324# US (Chicago)

***AGENDA

Welcome - Denise Avant, Chicago Chapter President

Announcements - Denise Avant

Introductions and now that summer is approaching, what activity are you
looking forward to doing?

Approval of February Secretary's Minutes - Kira O'Bradovich, Chicago Chapter
Secretary

1st Quarter Treasury Report - Steve Hastalis, Chicago Chapter Treasurer

Contributions to National and State Funds

April Presidential Release - Mark Riccobono, President National Federation
of the Blind

State President Report - Marilyn Green, NFB of IL President

Elections:

All Chicago chapter offices are up for a one year term

President - Currently held by Denise Avant

1st Vice President - Currently held by Patti Chang

2d Vice President - Currently held by Jemal Powel

Secretary - Currently held by Kira O'Bradovich

Treasurer - Currently held by Steve Hastalis

General Board Seat 1 - Currently held by Marilyn Green

General Board Seat 2 - Currently held by David Meyer

General Board Seat 3 - Currently held by Dustin Cather

General Board Seat 4 - Currently held by Ken Borst

Fundraisers - David Meyer, Chicago Chapter Fundraising Chair

Chicago Legislative Committee - Kira O'Bradovich, Chicago Chapter Chair

Old Business

New Business

The next Chicago Chapter Hybrid Meeting will be on May 14 at 1 PM

Adjourn

Denise Avant, ESQ

1st Vice President

For more information about NFBI,