[il-talk] Iabs minutes for June 2 attached and included in the email.

Araceli Avina shortattit7 at aim.com
Tue Aug 11 20:29:45 UTC 2009

Hello IABS List members and all,
Attached are the minutes for the IABS meeting held on June 2, 2009.  I
have had some Internet issues and this is the best I can do with regard
to the time in sending them out.  They are attached in a Microsoft Word
2007 document and in text here for those who don't have Office 2007
software.  Talk to you board members later tonight at 8:00 pm central.

IABS Minutes for June 2, 2009
People In Attendance:
Alyson Slaughter, President
Michelle Wesley, Vice President
Ronza Othman, Treasurer
Araceli Avina, Secretary
Brandy Winnecki, Board Member
Carmen Dennis, Guest
Syed Yousuffuddin, Guest

The June 2 Iabs meeting/conference was begun promptly at 8:00 Pm.  A
motion was made and seconded to accept the minutes from May 14.  No
change has been reported in the IABS treasury at this point.  The
amount of the treasury will have changed by the next month during which
we will be starting to sell the travel kits and Sorry Try Again instant
lottery tickets.  We talked about Ronza ordering the travel kits and
taking them with her to Detroit to distribute to IABS members to sell.
We all agreed that the kits we didn’t sell at convention would come
back with us so we could continue selling them before the State
Convention.  We have to pay Kelly for the Sorry Try Again Raffle.  It
was discussed that people would be present on the June 13 NfbI Chicago
Chapter=2
0meeting to help with the stuffing of the Sorry Try Again
envelopes. Nicole said she would come to the meeting.  Brandy will not
be able to go.  We need to make sure to help with selling the Sorry Try
again Instant Lottery tickets and travel kits.  We agreed that because
of how busy we would be at the National Convention, IABS would not have
a bord meeting in July.  Meeting was adjourned at 8:22 Pm.
Respectfully Submitted
By Araceli Avina, Secretary
Illinois Association of Blind Students
ISVI Advisory Council Member