[il-talk] Urgent upcoming paratransit change

CONCERNED CITIZENS OF PARATRANSIT concernedcitizens at cometlink.com
Wed Aug 26 06:57:43 UTC 2009

TAP letter about discontinuing vouchers 001.pdf
IMPORTANT
Taxi Access Program (TAP) INFORMATION
INTRODUCING THE NEW TAP SWIPE CARD
Effective September 1,2009
PRINTED PAPER TAP VOUCHERS WILL NO LONGER BE SOLD
The last day to purchase vouchers will be August 31,2009
Qpace(fell)
1711 S7S3 DDSD 1DD7
John Doe
How Will I Pay For My TAP Trips Without Paper Vouchers?
With your new TAP Swipe Card!
TAP Swipe Cards will replace paper vouchers.
Riders will have new online options to purchase their rides,
view their ride history, and track their account balance.
How Do I Get My New TAP Swipe Card If I Don't Already Have One?
Request your TAP Swipe Card by sending Pace a note, including:
Your name
Your ADA Paratransit ID number
Your daytime telephone number.
Mail your request to:
Pace Paratransit Operations Department
TAP Card Order Request
547 W Jackson Blvd -10th Floor
Chicago, IL 60661
Your TAP Swipe Card will be mailed to the address on file with the RTA.
It will take about three weeks to get your new TAP Swipe Card.
What Do I Do With TAP Paper Vouchers I Haven't Used?
All TAP vouchers purchased on or before August 31,2009 (the last date paper vouchers
can be purchased) may be used up to six months from the date they were purchased.
For example, vouchers purchased on August 31,2009 will be accepted for TAP rides through
February 28,2010. No refunds will be issued. All TAP paper vouchers should be used before
you begin to use your new TAP Swipe Card.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact Pace Customer
Relations Department at 847-364-7223 (TTY 847-364-5093)
OR visit the Pace website at www.pacebus.com
Look for the link TAP Program Info Page