[il-talk] Please help us make the Legislative Breakfast a success.

Bill Reif billreif at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 25 13:50:32 UTC 2009

Hello Colleagues,

The State Legislative Committee is continuing preparations to invite the
legislature to join us for breakfast on Thursday, March 12, 7:30 at the Hall
of Flags, Howlet Building, Second and Edwards in Springfield.  We plan
afterword to visit as many of those legislators who don't attend the
Breakfast as is reasonably possible.

Unfortunately, though we have invited all 177 legislators via phone call,
email, and/or print invitation, I have received responses from only two, one
of whom affirms that she will not be coming.

I would like each of you in the next two days to call your State Senator and
Representative, and to let his/her office know about the breakfast and
invite them to attend.  You can locate your Illinois Senator's contact
information at www.ilga.gov/senate, and you can find your Illinois
Representative's contact information  at www.ilga.gov/house.  If you don't
know who your congresspersons are, you can complete the form at
www.elections.state.il.us/DistrictLocator/SelectSearchType.aspx.  (If this
link doesn't work from your email, it is in the Legislative link from our
web site at www.nfbofillinois.org/LegislativeInfo.htm.

I have attached to this message, a slightly-revised invitation that gives
them a little more time to respond to us if they need or have misplaced the
one we sent them.  However, if they know they are or are not coming, they
can simply let you know, in which case I would like you to email me that
information.

The bottom line is that it would border on irresponsible to proceed with the
breakfast without more affirmative responses than we now have.  Your help
will remind those who either have forgotten the invitation or have forgotten
to let us know.  Your assistance will thus be very much appreciated.

Cordially,
Bill Reif, Co-Chair
NFBI Legislative Committee
E-mail: billreif at ameritech.net