[il-talk] Braille coin as jewelry

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Mon Jun 8 00:00:05 UTC 2009

I think that from the way cathy described it, the jewler's besil is crimped
down onto the edge of the coin, so there is not drilling involved. I've been
doing a little research, and there is quite a market these days for
uncirculated coin jewlery I guess if you are wanting to collect them for
value, than you shouldn't have them turned into a neck pendent. anoher style
of coin jewlery is to purchase a sterling frame you can slip onto the bead
in it's protective cover and then mount a pendent ring onto the frame edge.
This only works, however, if you can see the coin in its covering. The
difference is that you won't be able to open it, nor can you  touch the coin
and feel the braille,  etc.