[il-talk] Chicago to Tinley Park question from an out of towner

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Fri Mar 27 17:43:27 UTC 2009

Hello federationists of Illinois. My name is Chasity and I'm from Missouri. I am joining this list briefly to find out about transportation in Illinois. On July 11, I am taking a train from St. Louis to Chicago for a Kid Rock concert. I am a major Kid Rock groupie and see him everywhere I possibly can in the midwest. I'm seeing him July 11 in Tinley Park and July 12 in Indiana and again July 21 here in St. Louis where I live. Anyway, my question is this: What is the best way, once I get to the Amtrak station or the airport, whichever way I choose to go, how can I get to Tinley Park from Chicago and vice versa the next day? I know it's way way too expensive to cab it, and I understand Chicago has a great transportation system, so was just wondering if anyone can help me out. Please feel free to e-mail me privately at:

chasityvanda at charter.net

Also, please tell me if there is anything I should know about the route along the way, i.e. don't get off on this stop or this neighborhood, which areas are more unsafe than others in my route, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Chasity