[il-talk] FW: RTA TO HOST DECEMBER PUBLIC HEARINGS

Connie J. Davis condav8950 at att.net
Wed Nov 18 01:05:17 UTC 2009

With so much happening this year with funding for our transit system, we
need your input before next year's budget is approved.

We will host our second round of public hearings from December 7-10 to
discuss the RTA's proposed 2010 budget. Eight hearings will be held
throughout the transit system's six county region. RTA Board members will
offer opening remarks followed by the RTA senior staff who will conduct
presentations. You will have the opportunity to make public comments.
Hearings are open to the general public and are ADA Accessible. If you
require reasonable accommodation in order to attend a hearing or have
questions, please call 312-913-3153 (TTY - 312-913-3111) at least two
business days before the hearing.

In addition to the hearings, the budget will be presented through noon-time
webinars that are in the process of being scheduled, posted on RTA websites
and will be available at certain libraries in addition to other methods to
broaden access to the public.  The RTA Board will vote to approve the 2010
transit system budget at its December 17 meeting.  For more information,
visit www.rtachicago.com
<http://capwiz.com/rtachicago/utr/1/CCBPLQCQBE/DDUCLQEREH/4272400821> .

Monday, December 7
Chicago Central - 9 am
RTA Headquarters Bldg. 175 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, Suite 2200

Lake County - 6 pm
Waukegan Public Library, 128 N. County St., Waukegan, Bradbury Room

Tuesday, December 8
Cook County West - 6 pm
Cicero Public Library, 5225 W. Cermak Rd., Cicero, Meeting Room

Cook County South- 6 pm
South Suburban Mayors and Managers, 1904 W. 174th St., East Hazel Crest,
Room 1906

Wednesday, December 9
DuPage County - 6 pm
Glen Ellyn Village Hall, 535 Duane St., Glen Ellyn, Clayton North Room

McHenry County - 6 pm
Crystal Lake City Hall, 100 W. Woodstock St., Crystal Lake, Council Chambers

Thursday, December 10
Kane County - 6 pm
Aurora Public Library, 1 E. Benton St., Aurora, Large Meeting Room

Will County - 6 pm
Joliet Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet, Caterpillar Auditorium

Thank you for your support of our transit system. I look forward to seeing
you at a hearing, and please spread the word to others.  Don't hesitate to
direct any questions about the hearings to Gil Feliciano, Manager of Public
Outreach at (312) 913-3237.

Sincerely,

Steve Schlickman
Executive Director

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here
<http://capwiz.com/rtachicago/lmx/u/?jobid=138052750&queueid=4272400821> .

<http://capwiz.com/rtachicago/utr/i1/CCBPLQCQBE/4272400821/img/capwizlogo.gi
f>