[il-talk] NFBI Blackhawk Chapter Newsletter: November

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:39:20 UTC 2009

HAWK TALK

The monthly newsletter of the Blackhawk Chapter,

November 1, 2009

Editor:  Nancy Gardner

Contact Info:  Robert Gardner, President

 (309) 755-8085

 rngard1061 at mchsi.com

Hi!  It's already time for another Hawk Talk - that's because our October meeting was one week later than usual and our November meeting is one week earlier!  This is going to be a very short version - we'll be back to "normal" next month.

THIS MONTH'S MEETING (SATURDAY, NOV. 7TH.)

This month's meeting will be held on Saturday, November 7th, at the South Moline Township Center in East Moline (our regular meeting place) at 1:30PM.  The program will feature a presentation by a representative from Metrolink, our bus system on the Illinois side of the Quad-Cities.  We will also be able to give feedback to Metrolink at this meeting about things we learned in our bus travels this past summer.

DATES TO REMEMBER

November 7 - Blackhawk Chapter meeting

November 14 - Younker's Community Day  (The Presale is from Nov. 8 thru 13)

December 12 - Blackhawk Chapter Christmas Party & Dinner at Christ United Methodist Church located at 3801 7th. Street in East Moline. Please be at the church by 5:30 PM. Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM, and the party will end at approximately  8:30.

You must get your tickets in advance - the last day to get tickets will be December 1st. Tickets will be available at chapter meetings ($6 per person) or by calling Lois Montgomery at 762-3414.

We will be having a "Silent Auction" again this year at our Christmas party, so donations of homemade goodies would be greatly appreciated.  Please plan to come - guests are welcome. Come for an evening of fun, fellowship, and great food.