[il-talk] christmas

JOSEPH MONTI jlmonti at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 31 22:41:09 UTC 2009

well folks i don't know what those other people were tallking about. i do know that christmas is 55 days away. i hope everyone reads the stories that blind people have written here in IL. about braille. some of us had hard times with school. when i went to my first washington seminar i was so pumped , so proud of being blind. there we were in stone's throw from the Capitol, visiting every IL. congressman and senator. these blind people sat there with veteran comgressmen and talked about issues that could cross a sighted man's eyes. and they were so nice to us. like we had power. anuyone who never went to washington seminar should think about going. it is an experience like no ther. and we ere funny. after talking all day to our representatives, we went to dinner, took a public D.C. bus. we basically took it over. talking to the driver and other patrons. after all we had just talked to big time hot shot politicians. we could talk to common people better
 than most. and this is why it is important for us to raise money to send people, blind people to washington seminar, and college and have work opportunites. and the convention you heard our national rep. say that only 30% of blind people, who are of working age, actually work.
to that i say bah humbug. now i will get off my soap box and lie down.
right after i check the reindeer.
s.c.