[il-talk] I do not choose

LeAnne Mayne leanne at uddle.com
Thu Feb 4 05:03:51 UTC 2010

As a member of The NFB of Illinois I hope that I do not present myself as
anyones judge. I have been blind since birth and find it an inconvenience
most of the time. While I am considered a high partial, I first and formost
am blind.
I am proud to be part of such a strong affiliate. We are truly changing
what it means to be blind.
We, the state of Illinois, have affected and enhanced many peoples lives.
I saw an email today that made me mad, sad and a little ashamed.
We, I believe, do not award schoolarhips, award internsips, help people go
to our national centers or advocate for students in order that they bow
down to us. It is appreciated when receipiants acknowledge assistance from
NFB od IL but when that doesn't hapen I would like to think that we are
above that but are glad hat we did help another blind person.
I was offended today when one person took out their dislike tor another
person  on this list.
If you don't like what someone says, take it private or kep it to yourself.
LeAnne Mayne

  LeAnne Mayne     KB9ZEF      leanne at uddle.com
                NFB DAN Board  of Directors
Listen  to:   LIFE  THE  UNIVERSE  &
                      EVERYTHING  w/Blair Alper
     Sundays 7pm CST HTTP://cband.info/rfd2.m3u
            When he is Motivated to do a SHOW