[il-talk] FW: [Chapter-presidents] Help us to bring Mikaela home

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 28 12:46:48 UTC 2010

  _____

From: chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Debbie Wunder
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:27 PM
To: Chapter Presidents
Subject: [Chapter-presidents] Help us to bring Mikaela home

Sugar & Spice

And Everything Nice

That is what little Girls Are Made Of

Erica and Blake, a young couple awaiting the birth of their first child with
joy and happiness. BabyMikaela  was born at 12:45pm, May 21. Not unlike many
new mothers Erica experienced some difficulty in her first breast feeding
ofMikaela, she called the nurse for some advise. By 6:00pm child protective
services arrived at the hospital to say the parents could not takeMikaela
home, unless they had a sighted person to live with them.

In all the investigations, blindness is the only reason sited for the
parents not being allowed to leave with their new baby girl.

The Missouri affiliate has hired an attorney at $250 per hour, and her
assistant at $85 per hour to bring Mikaela home where she belongs!

Please help with any donations possible to unite this family. You may stop
by the Missouri table, B 114 in the exhibit hall, or come by our delegation.

We, the National Federation of the Blind can bring Mikaela home to her
parents where she belongs! Thank you for any help you can give.

06:35:00