[il-talk] Chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 12 13:55:22 UTC 2011

Chicago Chapter Meeting Announcement

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will meet
on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at Exchequer Pub, 226 South Wabash Avenue,
Chicago.

We will begin the day with a membership committee meeting at 11:30 A.M. with
the general session to be scheduled at 1:00 P.M.

This will be a special meeting for two reasons.  First of all, we will be
holding our annual elections, where all officers and board members will be
elected for the coming year.  Secondly, we will have a Meal Appeal Auction
and more following the chapter meeting.

Besides the promise of a number of food items, we will be auctioning two
Blind Driver Challenge v-neck shirts and two Rolex 24 posters.  The posters
are signed by Dr. Marc Maurer, NFB National President and Mark Riccabono,
Executive Director, NFB Jernigan Institute and driver of the Blind Driver
Challenge Vehicle in Daytona.

Also, please give your White Sox ticket orders to Ken Staley.  You can reach
him at 773-472-3085.  Additionally, it is time to begin to consider your
NFBI Chicago Chapter Spring Candy order.  Those orders should be given to
David Meyer either during the meeting or at any time between the April and
May chapter meetings.  Please email him at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net or call
him at 3 1 2-6 7 5-2 5 4 1.

Looking forward to seeing all of you this Saturday.