[il-talk] IL Assn of Blind Students

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Sun Jun 26 13:28:33 UTC 2011

Our Illinois Association of blind students meets tonight at 8:00 p.m.  All
are welcome.  Call 218 936 1200 and use code 4227 (IABS).

What is IABS?

The Illinois Association of Blind Students is a state wide membership
organization comprised of blind and low vision students.  The purpose of
IABS is to condition blind students for leadership roles in the community at
large.  IABS achieves this mission by providing blind students a valuable
network where members can trade tips on study techniques, the newest
adaptive software, and strategies for confronting the challenges blind
students face.

IABS is a state affiliate of the National Association of Blind Students
(NABS).  All state affiliates operate under the guidance of NABS.  Every
summer, the state affiliates send a delegate to the annual NABS meeting
which is held in coordination with the National Federation of the Blind's
National Convention.

For More Info On IABS, please send emails to IABS at nfbofillinois.org.

What is the NFB?

With more than 50,000 members, the National Federation of the Blind is the
largest and most influential membership organization of blind people in the
United States.  The NFB improves blind people's lives through advocacy,
education, research, technology, and programs encouraging independence and
self-confidence.  It is the leading force in the blindness field today and
the voice of the nation's blind.

NFB Mission

The mission of the National Federation of the Blind is to achieve
intellectual understanding that the real problem of blindness is not the
loss of eyesight but the misconceptions and lack of information which exist.
We do this by bringing blind people together to share successes, to support
each other in times of failure, and to create imaginative solutions.

For More Info on the NFB, go to nfb.org.

CHECK US OUT!

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund
via your phone bill.

P.S.S.  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is now on twitter at
www.twitter.com/nfbi.
We also have a facebook page.  Just search for our full name.

Patti Gregory-Chang, Esq.
Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee
scholarships at nfb.org
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org