[il-talk] Chicago chapter candy sale

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 22 23:24:13 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

We have great news for the Chicago Chapter Spring Candy sale.

The Fanny May Pack is Back

Yes, you heard it right.  DMI is still offering packages of 52 Fanny May
candy bars which we will still be able to sell for $1 each.  Each box
consists of the following:  12
Milk Chocolate, 10 Crisped Rice, 10 Roasted Almonds, 10 Caramel, and 10
Peanut Butter bars.

Be careful when you order.  They are so good, you may just want to eat them
yourself.  However, before you do that, try to sell them.

Last year when I placed our order, I was hoping to sell at least a few of
them.  A week or so after we got the candy, Teresa asked me if we could get
anymore.  When I told her we could not, she asked why I ordered so little?
I too wondered the same thing, as I was able to get rid of 20 bars the first
day I tried to sell them at my work place.  Prior to that time, I was
generally lucky to sell five bars each day I tried to do so.

The point to all of this?  These bars really sell!

So, how can you participate?  You may order as little as one case.  However,
if you taste one, you may wonder why you ordered so little.

MEETING THE PRESIDENTIAL CHALLENGE

So far, we as a chapter have done a great job at meeting proposed
challenges, and I believe we can do it again this time.  And so you might
ask, "What is the Presidential Challenge?"  Answer, that we as a chapter
will double our Spring candy sale from last year.

Orders will be taken from now through May 15.  You may place your order with
David Meyer by calling 312-675-2541 or by emailing him at
datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

We have been doing a great job with fundraising over the past several
months.  Let's keep this train moving full speed ahead.

For those who do not have email, this announcement will be posted on the
Blindness information channel of NFB-NewsLine.