[il-talk] Deepest Regrets!

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Mon Sep 12 04:53:42 UTC 2011

I am appalled by the ugly post that appeared on the listserv today.  9/11 is
a day of sorrow for all of us, regardless of religion or ethnicity, not only
for the tragedy that occurred at  the Trade Towers but for the seeds of
prejudice and discrimination that the attack helped to sow.  Most of us
belong to the Federation because we have firsthand experience with
discrimination, the discrimination we encounter on a regular basis due to
our blindness.  I am deeply saddened that some of our members fail to grasp
that *all* discrimination, on whatever basis, is abhorrent.  I am so sorry
that this has happened, on this day or any day!

Debbie