[il-talk] Board Mtg Agenda

Patti Chang pattichang at att.net
Sat Aug 4 20:00:46 UTC 2012

DRAFT Agenda

8/25/12 NFBI Board Meeting

Holiday Inn O'Hare  5615 N. Cumberland Ave. Chicago IL

And via conference call218 936 1200 code 6324  code 6324

Note we will convene from 9:00 to 10:30 and then go protest.  We will return
at 12:30 and will have a working box lunch $15 per person.  We will work
through until we are finished.

Please let me know what I have forgotten:

AGENDA
Minutes from :2/23/12 May be approved already.

Minutes from : 3/29/12 These may be approved already.

Minutes from 5/1/12

Treasurer's First Quarter Report

Treasurer's Second Quarter Report

Treasurer's unofficial up to date balance
Bonds and CDs  - Glenn appointed to research these.

National convention
National Meeting Reports

See attached if you do not recall which you were assigned to cover.   If you
can do so, a written report prior to our Board Mtg would be helpful.

New attendees:

Jernigan winners

Vendors

Scholarship winners

Board of directors - slate?

State convention
Agenda - see attached for notes on the agenda and planning thus far.

Planning for 2013
no 2013 convention sponsorship
What about a bell program?

Committee reports

Sales

Membership

PR

Newsletter

For national convention

Denise Avant
Fed Legis
Resolution

Mary Lou Grunwald
Merchants
Membership

Leslie Hamric
Membership
Public relations

Steve Hastalis
State legislation
National legislation

Glenn Moore
Grants
White cane

Debbie Pittman
State bills
Public relations

Jemal Powell
State legislation
Fed legislation

Cathy Randall
Library
Grant
Basics

Rose Sloan
NABS
BOARD meeting

Debbie stein
Resolutions
Communications

Convention Notes:  An "ok" means that this item has been confirmed at least
one.

Friday afternoon seminar:

Judo Self-Defense Demo
Marco ok
Nikky ok
Howard wilson

Resolution Friday afternoon at 4:00.

George resolutions ok

Friday night

Scholarship dinner ok

At large dinner ??

Tech  and exhibitor session 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
A t guys ok
En vision ok
E m vetu inc   Ok
Horizons ok

Want to start IDOL at 7:30

Idol rose Sloan ok

Politicians:  invited for Saturday day or banquet
Cong Quigley

Cong: Chakowski

State rep

State senator

Invited no response yet:

Serena Preston

Saturday

Parent Breakfast

National Report

Teacher of tomorrow panel
stacy Jena ok
Brian Mohls ok

Parent and students lunches

Afternnon breakouts for teen scene and SOB after parents

Vemdors
Nicky gacos ok
Raven ok
John Gordon ok and

Ed Birmingham ok

Crawford

Employment Panel
Adrienne Asch ok
Cary Supalo ok

Banquet
MC Denise ok
Awards  Patti Ok
Performance Leslie ok

Sunday

Student Breakfast

Braille is Beautiful Debbie ok

Cancer panel
Connie ?
Gina ok
Patricia Bissel ok

National Federation of the blind center  representatives - invited no answer
yet

Misc

Parents Debbie Stein ok
Framcisco kid camp ok
Mohls kid camp
Glenn  registration ok
Info Roberta ok
teen scene Dale ok
S o b bob and Francisco ok
Rep Carl Jacobson ok

P.S.  Please give to the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Annual
Appeal by sending your tax deductible donation to NFBI c/o Glenn Moore III,
Treasurer P.O. Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.

P.S.S.  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is now on twitter at
www.twitter.com/nfbi.
We also have a facebook page.  Just search for "NFBI".

Patti Gregory-Chang, Esq.
Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee
scholarships at nfb.org
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org