[il-talk] Chicago fall candy sale

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 16 14:29:38 UTC 2012

CHICAGO CHAPTER FALL CANDY SALE

"N E S T L E S Nestles makes the very best chocolate."

And so it is that the Chicago chapter has chosen a new brand, at least for
us, of candy this year, Katheryn Beich, made by Nestles, creator of
chocolate that is second to none.  Is it possible that this candy actually
sells itself?

If so, all we have to do is make it available to the general public and give
thanks as the general public continues to choose Katheryn Beich and
continues to sweeten our treasury.

Thanks to the variety of offerings with which we are presented, we have more
choices than we have had in several years.  Beyond that, all bars sell for
only $1.00.  This price is actually becoming difficult to match at the
grocery store, so there's every reason in the world to anticipate an
experience of sweetness and a sweetness of profit for the Chicago Chapter.

THE STRAIGHT PACK IS BACK

Remember the days when you had the opportunity to buy an entire box of one
kind of candy to sell?  Well, they are here again.  Each straight pack
consists of 36 bars with each case consisting of two straight packs.  The
following items are available in straight packs, with each candy bar selling
for $1.  Caramel bars, crunch bars, almond bars and dark chocolate bars.

VARIETY PACKS

We also have a number of variety packs from which to choose.  All of these
variety packs feature all of the great items listed above.

Chocolate Mart

Each Chocolate mart consists of 40 bars which sell for $1 each.  Each
Chocolate Mart case consists of four chocolate Marts.  Each chocolate mart
consists of the following items.  20 Caramel bars, 12 crunch bars, 6 Almond
bars and 2 Dark Chocolate bars.

THE PREMIUM ASSORTMENT

Yes, I know, there seems to be premium everything these days.  Premium gas,
premium beer, premium cars, and well, the list goes on.  At the top of this
list, you will find the Katheryn Beich Premium Assortment of Premium candy.
Each box of the Premium Assortment consists of 50 bars selling for $1 each,
with each case consisting of four boxes of the Premium Assortment.  The
Premium Assortment consists of the following items.  25 Caramel bars, 10
Almond bars, 10 Crunch Bars and 5 Dark Chocolate bars.

The Sweet Home Chicago Challenge

In the fall of 2009, we met the Staley challenge.  The Sweet Home Chicago
challenge will be to exceed the total sale for the first Staley challenge.
If we keep in mind that Chicago should be "Home Sweet Home" to everyone, we
can do it.

You may place your order by calling David Meyer at 7 0 8-2 0 9-1 7 6 7 or
emailing him at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

So, let us all do our part to recreate "Sweet Home Chicago", and help
support the Chicago Chapter at the same time.  Please place your order by
August 30, 2012.  This is the last day that orders can be taken in order to
insure that candy will be available for the Chicago Chapter meeting.  in
September.  As there will not be an October meeting, we must place our order
for September.  So, don't delay, order today.

Finally, please tell your friends who do not have email that this
announcement is also on the blindness information channel of NewsLine.  It
is the first article in the section, Chicago Chapter Reports and Events.