[il-talk] Chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 7 17:55:44 UTC 2012

May 12, 2012 will be a full day for the National Federation of the Blind of
Illinois Chicago Chapter.

We will begin the day with a membership tea which starts at 11:30 A.M.  This
will be followed by the general meeting which will begin at 1:00 P.M.  Both
events will take place at the Exchequer Pub and Restaurant, 226 South
Wabash, Chicago.

Are you currently an I-phone user, or are you thinking of purchasing an
i-phone?  If so, you will look forward to our program, as several of our
members will be presenting and discussing I-phone applications that are
currently usable by blind users.  Would you like to win a new digital reader
where you can store your music, download talking books, record meetings and
do much more?  The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois will conduct
their Book Sense raffle during this meeting.  If you have yet to make
yourself eligible to win this great device, you can still purchase tickets
from Mary Grunwald.  Tickets are $1 each or six for $5.

Finally, if you like baseball and if you would like to help the Chicago
Chapter at the same time, there is still time to order tickets for our White
Sox fundraiser, which will take place immediately following the Chapter
meeting on August 11.  Tickets are only $25 each, a considerable saving from
past years.  What's more, the White Sox promise each of us who attend an
opportunity to appreciate the game.

Finally, if this isn't enough, there will be plenty of opportunity for
socializing and perhaps some additional surprises as well.  This meeting
promises plenty of food for thought as well as food for consumption.  So,
come and join us for the NFBI Chicago Chapter meeting on Saturday May 12.
You will fit in.  And, you just might win.