[il-talk] Chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 30 15:45:30 UTC 2012

Attention Chicago Chapter Members

Saturday, June 9, 2012 will be a full day for the National Federation of the
Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter.

The day will begin with a face-to-face board meting scheduled for 11:30 A.M.
at the Exchequer Pub and Restaurant, 226 South Wabash in Chicago.  Among
other things, the board will discuss the idea of pledging to the National
Convention funds.  Also, we will discuss whether or not to provide
assistance for chapter members to attend the state convention later this
year.

Following the board meeting, we will hold our general business meeting at
1:00 P.M.

Have you ever attended a National convention?  If you have not yet attended
a National convention and plan to do so this year, our program this month
will be of special interest to you.  We will be presenting a program on what
one can expect to find at a typical National Federation of the Blind
National convention.  You will learn about the banquet, the resolutions
committee, the mock trial and much more.

As it is likely that we will be contributing substantially toward the
National convention funds, we would very much appreciate anything you might
be able to do to make payments toward either the Spring candy fundraiser or
the White Sox fundraiser.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday, June 9 at the Ezxchequer
Pub for what promises to be a very good meeting.fundraiser, we would very
much appreciate it if you could